For players with 10th Gen Intel CPUs or newer (11, 12, 13, etc.):
- Open the System menu in Settings with ⊞ Win+Pause
- Select Advanced System settings
- In the new System properties window, select the Advanced tab and click the Environment Variables button
- In the System variables section, click the New button and enter these values:
- Reboot or sign out/sign in.
Alternatively, if the above didn't work:
First, please unsubscribe/remove all the mods! If that doesn't fix, then try disconnecting your internet or blocking the game's internet access through your firewall, and the game should launch normally.
To do the second:
Select the Start menu, type Allow an app through Windows Firewall, and from the list of results, scroll down to Hello Neighbor
Select Change settings. You might be asked for an administrator password or to confirm your choice
To remove an app, clear the check box next to the app, and then select OK
- Start the game and press Cancel when prompted by Windows to add it to the Firewall exceptions