BOID requires XNA.net frameworks installed to run properly. Steam will try to install these for you, but due to hundreds of different software/hardware/os configurations, it doesn't always go smoothly.
My game doesn't run! What do I do?
Download XNA Framework and the .NET framework - install both of them, and restart your PC.
Still doesn't run!
Try restarting Steam
THE GAME STILL WON’T RUN!
If you tried everything above, please do the following, and share the contents of these logs with us here:
- Share the boid.log file that you can find in the game folder (right-click in Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files)
- Share the errors in the Event Viewer. Here's how
- Try to run the game
- Press the Windows button + R
- Copy/paste eventvwr and hit Enter
- Usually, there are 2 errors under Windows Logs > Application