You can find all save files in the following folder:
- For Windows: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Lazy Bear Games\Graveyard Keeper
- For Mac: /Library/Application Support/unity.Lazy Bear Games.Graveyard Keeper
There are a few types of files:
- 1.dat - Save file
- 1.info - Header file
- output_log.txt - Log file (you don't need it now)
- 1.dat.backup.1, 1.dat.backup.2... - Backups of save file 1.dat
In order to load the save file, the game needs a save file and a header file. If one of these files is missing, the game will not show the save slot at all.
How to recover the savefile (for example 1.dat):
- Remove a broken savefile from the folder (*.dat). (NOTE: we do not recommend deleting the file, just move it to another folder). Or just don't do anything if your save file is lost.
- Copy the latest backup file (example: 1.dat.backup.1) renaming it (1.dat.backup.1 => 1.dat)
- Be sure to have the corresponding header file (1.info in case of 1.dat). If you don't have one, take any other you can get: copy any other .info file you have and rename it the proper number. If you don't have any *.info files at all, you can download one here.
NOTE: If you restored the header file in any way, the information about your save file (skulls, days, etc) when choosing your save slot will be wrong. Don't worry, it will come back to normal after you save your game.